Exporting a single profile
To export a single profile from your PC, in the profile drop-down in the CUE software,
- Click the profile you want to export
- Click the profile menu button and then click Export
- The Export Profile dialog box appears. Browse to the location where you want to save the exported profile
- In the Name field, type the name of the exported file and then click Save
The exported profile will be saved in the location you specified with the name [filename].prf.
Importing custom profiles
To import one or more profiles from a file, in the Profiles menu of the CUE software on your PC,
- Click Import/Export Profiles
- In the drop-down list, click Import
- The Select file to import dialog box appears. Browse to the location where the profile file is stored
- Click the file to import, and then click Open
If you attempt to import a profile with a duplicate name, a warning dialog box will appear, asking if you would like to update the profile.
- If you click Update, the existing profile will be replaced with the profile you’re importing
- If you click Add as New, the existing profile will stay the same, and the profile you’re importing will be imported and renamed with a number in parentheses
Is a login required to upload or download?
To upload or download a profile from this site, you must be logged into a Corsair.com account
Can I change my profile username?
As of April 15th, 2015 we have added a username feature to our Corsair.com account system. Previous account holders can edit their profile to add a username to their account. Once this is done your username will appear on any profiles you upload.
Why are certain keys unlit and/or have no action assigned when I download a profile?
Most profiles are created from a North American (NA) layout. International layouts will vary slightly as the keyboard will contain additional keys not found on the NA layout. Users can implement a workaround by adding these keys to a pre-existing lighting group. If the key doesn’t function, right click the key under the Assignments tab and select Reset to Default.
Are profiles compatible from one keyboard to another (e.g. K65 to K70)?
K65 RGB and K70 RGB profiles can be shared between devices but keys that were not assigned any action or lighting will remain unlit, especially for keys not found on the profile of the original peripheral. The K95 RGB will not be compatible with any other keyboard , however, due to the necessary inclusion of M1-M3 modes that don’t exist on other peripherals.
Why does my profile change when I click out of CUE?
When adding profiles, they may not be set as default. Right click the box next to the profile pulldown menu and set the preferred profile as default. This will notify the software that you want this profile to play even when CUE is in the background.
Why can’t I see the new lighting from the imported profile?
Ensure you are in Advanced Settings by clicking the button on the lower right under the keyboard image in the Lighting tab. To switch back to the preset lighting, click it again to enter Standard Settings.
I have a profile I’d like to share. What is exported in the .prf?
The .prf will contain every mode you’ve created in the profile and will export only the lighting and action items that are assigned to the keyboard. Anything in the action and lighting list that isn’t used will not be exported with the .prf.